26 November 2008
Posted in Printers
OK, this utility is difficult to find, and is written for the Epson Stylus Photo R290, but works just as well for the Epson Stylus Photo R285.
Most people will simply want this to Reset the Waste Ink Counter on the printer.
Steps to take:
- Download the Compressed RAR file and extract it to a folder (Note - you will see a 5 sec advert, click to skip at top right hand of screen)
- Change your system date to 01-04-2008
- Run the batch file called LIMPIAR
- Confirm date as 01-04-2008
- When the utility starts, choose 'Personal Adjustment'
- From here, choose the option you require (usually Waste Ink Counter) and reset
- Reset system date to correct date
For those of you unable to extract the RAR file, download a free utility such as 7zip to do so.
Note - I have seen some people confused as to which 'System Date' to change - this is the System Date of your PC (can be changed by right clicking on the clock at the bottom rhs of your screen). The reason for this is within the utility itself, it seems to need to be set back before it will communicate properly.
Purchase Accessories/Spares for Epson R285
You can purchase spares and accessories for the Epson R285 from the links below:
- 1 Full set of 6 Compatible ink cartridges (latest version) for EPSON Stylus Photo R285
- 1 Epson Original BLACK Ink Cartridge for Epson R285 (T0801)
- Set of 6 Original Epson Ink Cartridges for Epson R285 - Cyan / Light Cyan / Magenta / Light Magenta / Yellow / Black
- Bulk Ink/Continuous Ink System for Epson R285
- Ink Cartridge Chip Resetter for Epson R285